Accolades, Appearances, and Publications
Lorenc+Yoo, along with Hendrick, was awarded a Silver Award from Graphis Design 2018 for the Foundation for Economic Education’s headquarters, and another Silver Award for 725 Granville in Vancouver, Canada.
Lorenc+Yoo principal Jan Lorenc is available for lectures and design juries across the world. In November 2017, Lorenc lectured at Georgia Tech College of Design on alternative careers in Industrial Design. Also in November, Lorenc lectured at the Fashion Institute of Technology in New York with “What Is Exhibition Design?” book coauthor Craig Berger.
Additionally, Lorenc was a juror in the Kennesaw State University College of Architecture, along with professor Ying Zhu in November 2017. He headed a roundtable discussion at the International Council of Shopping Centers CenterBuild Conference 2017 in Phoenix entitled “Orchestrating the Brand Experience.”
Lorenc+Yoo’s Asia-Pacific Market Director Jingjing Zou organized a TEDx event in Shanghai, China entitled: TEDxFuxingParkWomen. The independent TED event brought together dozens of young designers, with a particular focus on women. Read more about this event.
Additional recent coverage of Lorenc+Yoo Design includes:
- Graphis Journal No. 356, featuring Lorenc+Yoo Design (PDF)
- Signs of the Times magazine, featuring the BB King project (PDF)
- “Joyfully Inconsistent” SEGD website, featuring Jan Lorenc, the 2017 SEGD Fellow
- SEGD magazine, featuring Jan Lorenc, the 2017 SEGD Fellow (PDF)
- SEGD website, video of Jan Lorenc’s acceptance of the 2017 SEGD Fellow award.